Over the weekend of April 1st and 2nd, Sidmouth will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the South West Coast Path Association, thanks to the generous support of the Town Council, Visit Sidmouth and Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays.
If the video is shown as unavailable, please refresh screen.
Runs, walks, cycling, paddling and rowing all to enjoy the Coast Path and our Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Events to take part in:
- JP’s Exe to Axe. ‘…a brute of a race with some outstanding views’. A tough 22 miles and around 4000 feet of ascent along the coast path.
- Sweetcombe Marathon. A self navigating race using GPS trackers along the route of JP’s Exe to Axe with an extra inland loop up the River Otter. Sponsored by Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays.
- Junior fun Run. Peak Hill to the Ham with obstacles in the field above Jacobs Ladder.
- Exe to Axe 22 mile Walking Challenge. Walk the beautiful Jurassic coast from Exmouth to Seaton in under 10 hours.
- Exe to Axe Marathon Walking Challenge. If the 22 mile challenge isn’t hard enough for you.
- Walk the Sid Valley Ring. Choose to walk either 10 miles or the full 14 miles of the ring. Varied terrain and some great views.
- Walking the Coleridge Trail followed by a cream tea in either Harpford or Newton Poppleford village Hall depending on numbers
- Senior Dash and Splash, Slip and Slide. From the Ham and heading to the beach at Jacobs Ladder for a “sea workout”. Then onto the field for obstacles and a slide. Having fun with every opportunity of getting wet and muddy.
Clubs planning or supporting activities. Please see the Timetable for further information or contact the clubs directly.
- Sidmouth Running Club
- Sidmouth Fit
- Sid Valley Cycling Club
- East Devon Ramblers
- Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club
- Sidmouth Gig Club
- Axe Vale Canoe Club
- Devon and Somerset Condors
- Sidmouth Sailing Club