Four Sidmouth Running Club members took on the Beer Blazer this year. Doing the new 10 mile route were Don Cawthera who took 1st Sidmouth runner, 88th over all in
The Devon Coast Challenge. Jo Earlam and Sarah Watkins did two of the three days of The Devon Coast Challenge marathons. This is a very tough competition, but rewards
Kirsteen Welch and Sam Amend Take On The MDC. The Marlborough Down Challenge is a beautiful and challenging event which is a self-navigating, multi-terrain and mostly an off-road, along
A Mighty Green Turnout For The Ottery 10k. A Mighty big Green presence was felt at the Ottery 10k on a sunny and warm Sunday (12th May) morning with
Jess was 1st lady and 2nd overall in the Westcountry Ultra Flat (50mile) in an amazing time of 8:06:01. This was the 2nd year running she was 1st lady. An
Mighty Green Bert was in Locarno, Switzerland.
Soon of the soon-to-be Mighty Green Juniors took part in the Exeter fun run. All runners showed great pacing, brilliant running and enjoyed the biscuits afterwards. A big thank you
Sarah and Helen entered their first race and finished this hilly route in 1hr 12mins. Great running ladies!
Tash Morgan finished her second 10k in two weeks.This is her in Hyde Park.
Sarah and Michael Ginsberg completed the Plym Trail Half Marathon as their first half marathon together.
David Skinner took part in the Killerton Parkrun on Saturday, and the Two Tunnels 5k in Bath on Sunday.
Derek Blackburn represented the Mighty Green at the Coburg Parkrun in Melbourne, Australia. Well done, Derek!
Jo and Alexa took part in the Seaton Parkrun this weekend. Jo managed to secure a new PB. It was the first Park Run for Alexa, who will soon be
On Saturday the 4th of May, five SRC members took on a 100km Ultramarathon, the East Devon Round. This is a very tough race taking the runners through many beauty
Alan Kay took his mighty green t-shirt to Santorini,Kamari
On Wednesday 08/05/19 the 4/5 mile group was led by Tim Clay.
On Monday Night, the runners (and their dogs) enjoyed a lovely run from Tipton St. John.
Julia Haddrell and Jodie Hawkins Ran 10k in Bristol this weekend. Their times were 1:13:40(Julia) and 57:57 (Jodie)
Recommended events and notices
- Upcoming races
- Woodland Relays Wednesday June 19th. This year being hosted by Axe Valley Runners at Morganhayes Wood near Seaton. No details yet. Teams of three, all male, female or mixed in categories Seniors 17-49, Vet’s 50 and over, Juniors 16 and under, Juniors 11 and under. It is a very relaxed evening with a few invited local clubs so start putting those teams together.
- Umborne Ug Saturday June 29th at 6pm. Another good local race near Colyton, 5 or 10k followed by a B-B-Q, Bar, Cakes and hot drinks for runners and supporters. Let me know if you are interested and how many of you and if there is enough interest we will have a coach.
- Otter Rail and River Race, Saturday July 13th. As we are a partner running club all members are entitled to the £2 reduction on the entry fee whether you hold a EA competitive license or not. I am not sure you will be able to do this online so you may have to do a paper entry. The same will apply to the Otterton Reindeer Run in December if you remember.
- Jurassic Coast 10k, Saturday July 27th. Lovely scenic run from Budleigh Salterton in aid of the Force Cancer Charity.
- Lustleigh Show 10k, Monday August 26th. A great run and family day out at the Lustleigh Show.