Endurancelife Coastal Trail Jessica Raynor took part in the super tough Endurance Coastal trail on Saturday 1st of December. This race is very tough, in fact the description given was
Kirsteen Welch Is Devon’s XC Senior Champion Seen here after the Drogo 10, last weekend Kirsteen Welch was the 1st senior woman in the Devon county XC (Cross Country) championships.
Vice Chair Sarah Watkins (left) and Head Coach Tim Mitchell (right) welcome Paul Mitchell (centre) to his new role as Run Leader. Paul Mitchell is the latest SRC member to have
Reindeer run 2018 The 15th edition of The Reindeer Run took place on Saturday 1st of December 2018. This annual festive event raises funds for Otterton C of E School.
A Massive Turn Out Of Mighty Green Runners At The Bicton Blister (60 photos) A very large contingent of the Sidmouth Running Club turned out for The Bicton Blister and
Mighty Green on Holiday Karen Farnham and David Millen in the Atacama Desert, Chile.
Drogo 10 Taking on The Drogo 10 is a big challenge for the best of us, but you get rewarded with a route through beautiful woodlands and fantastic views reaching
David Does The Exeter Mo 10k If you were wondering why David Skinner was not at a Park Run today you will be glad to know that he did a
Chris Leads The Way Chris Day-Kerry recently passed the one day leadership course giving Sidmouth Running Club it’s newest run leader. He was welcomed to his new role by Head
Sunday Training Sessions There were three training groups on Sunday. Terry Bewes took the the two social 6 and 9 milers while Tim Mitchell led the 9 mile express group,
Sunday Morning On The Common Last Sunday’s training route took an enthusiastic group of 16 Sidmouth runners and two very keen dogs on a trek over Woodbury common. This particular
Autumn Park Run Round Up Steve Saunders enjoyed the decent weather with 150 other runners in Cornwall on the 29th of September by running the Park Run at the
Head Coach Tim Mitchell welcomes new Run Leader, Chris Day-Kerry
Templer Ten Wind rain and general murkiness did not stop Three Mighty Greens from competing in the Templer Ten on Sunday 4th November. This 10-mile race is predominantly an off-road,
Sunday Sessions out in the Country With many medium and long distance events coming up over the next few months, the Autumn training program is in full swing now. So,
Snowdonia Marathon Danny Painter felt the full force of the cold spell whilst competing in the Snowdonia Marathon on Saturday the 27th of October. This was a tough marathon to
A Cool Day For The Dartmoor Vale Marathon Three Mighty Greens took part in the Dartmoor Vale Marathon on the 28th October. All 26.2miles of chilled northerly winds and
Trellech Beacon Dash John & Cathy Keast represented the MGs in South Wales by taking part in the Trellech Beacon Dash. A 10k cross country race organised by The Spirit
Sunday Runners. Julia ran 6 miles the rest 8.5 miles. Richard Summerhayes missed the photo then we missed him somewhere along the route.
David Skinner at the Longrun Meadow Parkrun, Taunton. That's the L sorted for David's project to complete the A-Z of Parkruns.
Events to look out for
Recommended events and notices
- Club Membership. Membership subscriptions for 2019 are due from 1st December 2019.
- Beginners/Improvers Course 2019. Sidmouth Running Club will be holding the beginners/improvers course in the new year. The first session will be on Wednesday evening on January 9th 2019. The course will be held over eight weeks, working towards running a continuous 3 miles the the end. This year for the first time we are being sponsored by King’s Garden Centre, who will be presenting a coveted Mighty Green shirt to those that complete the course and 3 mile run.
- Christmas Social. Our Christmas Run and Social will be on Wednesday 19th December at the Sailing Club. Bring a plate of food, the bar will be open, a quiz and who knows what else. Not to be missed.
- JP’s Exe to Axe 2019. Date for the diary Sunday 7th April 2019.
- Four Trigs Challenge 2019. The 19th running of the Four Trigs Challenge will be held on Sunday 10th February 2019. For details of the challenge and for an entry form please click on the links below.
- Sidmouth Running Club East Devon Spring Series 2019. This is a non-competitive team activity and consists of a series of off-road races in the first half of 2019. A suggested training plan is included to encourage as many club members to take part.
- Mighty Green Ambassadors.
Seven months in and there’s 16 hardy souls remaining in the Mighty Green Ambassador Challenge. The variety of events the MGAs are reporting makes for interestiing reading. Everything from Bacchus marathons to the local Park Runs. Most Imaginative entry awards have to go to David and Claire for the club Swimathon!
As winter appraoches our club traditional off roaders are beginning to appear on the calendar- Bicton Blister (and Lite) and the Reindeer Run (10k and fun run) are club favourites for Nov and Dec. Other tempting events are listed in the “find a race” section of the “What’s On” tab.
If you’ve forgotten to record previous events don’t worry it’s not too late- just complete the form.
What is it all about? The aim is for all club members to represent SRC at least once every month by taking part in a running event or by representing SRC as a volunteer at a race or social event. Each event only counts once (different park runs are counted as different events) and although the aim is for one each month you only need to collect 10 over the 12 month period (2 months allowed for holidays or injury). However only one event per month counts towards the 10.